If you work in the city and have to deal with the daily grind of a commute amid all the pollution that cars, buses and trucks throw out into the atmosphere, you’ll know the feeling when you get home. You just feel dirty, as if all the muck in the city air has ground its way into your skin and clogged you up.
There’s nothing as effective as a mud mask for helping to clear out all that gunk and leave your skin feeling refreshed and revitalized.
It’s a wonderful pampering experience, and in our biased view everyone should be doing it!
The recipe here is great for giving you the glow that marks a truly great mud mask. You’ll feel a whole new person afterwards.
The use of the chamomile flowers and the lavender oil gives this recipe a real lift in terms of the whole spa experience. The mask smells great as well as working wonders on your skin.
It’s one of our favourite recipes, though we’d recommend alternating with another recipe such as the soothing mask rather than using this one all the time.
Deep cleansing mud mask
- 1 teaspoon of Bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of water (or more if needed)
- ½ teaspoon of chamomile flowers
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Grind up the chamomile flowers using a pestle and mortar. The finer, the better.
- Mix the Bentonite clay and the chamomile flowers together in a small bowl.
- Gently warm the honey until it is runny and add to the clay and chamomile to form a thick paste.
- Add water as required to reach the desired consistency.
- Add the 2 drops of lavender oil and mix through the paste.